Thursday 1 September 2011

Megan's 3rd Birthday Bash, and the end of Peppa Pig...

Hello all and once again my apologies for being so neglectful of this blog that I promised I would update daily. I'm sure all you mums out there will forgive me however as you will understand how busy and tiring life can be with 2 small children, especially when one of them has a birthday! Yes it was Megan's 3rd birthday on Monday, so we celebrated with lots and lots of cake...I mean I don't think I've ever seen that much cake in one room before! It was my fault really, I said to everyone that I wasn't going to be doing any proper food to ensure that there were no expectations to be fed at the party, and so I just got afew little cakes, then my sister-in-law baked a load of scrumptious cake goodies, and my mother in law also provided a host of gateau's and cakes...and then of course there was Megan's birthday cake (Peppa Pig of course carefully chosen by the birthday girl from Asda's impressive array of children's cakes). By the time we sang happy birthday and Megan blew out her candles and made a wish everyone was already so full of cake that Peppa Pig actually managed to stay in one piece until the end of the party!



The day was brilliant, and typically stressful to begin with as I'd anticipated but tried to prevent by not spending the whole morning tied to the kitchen preparing sandwiches, cheese on sticks and sausage rolls for a party of 30, only for most of it to go uneaten and my nanna to take home in a doggy bag to feed my grandad for the week. But we did enjoy a couple of hours first thing in the morning of helping Megan to unwrap her pressies and have a good play with them, all of us still in our pajama's feeling all festive and giddy. This is what having kids is all about; re catching that feeling of excitement at the prospect of birthdays and Christmas. That joy and giddiness seems to ooze out of them and make you feel all warm and silly, it's like rediscovering Santa. I almost feel like I actually believe in Santa after all the stories I've told Megan about the old fool. You kind of have to believe in it to a certain extent in order to be convincing...kids aren't daft, they know a porkie when they hear one!



So after a couple of ours of banging out chuwnes on her new keyboard and microphone, and terrorising Ethan as soon as he so much as looked at her new Bratz camper van, I threw them both in the bath and let them drown each other for half an hour before setting off to Nainy and Grumpy's house for the big do.

At this point I would like to do a massive shout out to the awsomeness that is the mother in law, Tricia, and of course Grumpy, for once again allowing us to bestow the family madness upon your humble home for the good of the grand kids! It's hugely appreciated and always turns into a lovely day, that house has a vibe that seems to make nutty people sane, disturbed people serene, and well..just plain lovely I suppose (I am of course referring to my family here).





The efforts that had gone into the newly built play swings, slides and trampolines paid off as the 7 children in attendance frolicked and played, and occasionally bumped themselves about abit for most of the party until it finally decided to rain. But the rain didn't ruin the fun, it merely brought a gentle close to the day, and as everyone said their goodbye's to a sleepy Megan she didn't complain or insist that they stay. I think it had been just enough chaos to tire the little lady out...nearly anyway, she had to have a go on her new Peppa Pig Wii game for an hour before we left Nainy and Grumpy in peace for the evening!

Wii concentration!


And so mummy's diet began again on Tuesday because even my jegging's are groaning under the strain of my expanding cake shelf at the moment...the only problem is all the blasted cake left over from Megan's birthday. I've managed to devour most of Peppa Pig's bike, legs, arms and torso...I couldn't bring myself to eat his face but Megan showed no restraint as she tucked into his nose, and then an ear. So I'm sat here tonight after being quite well behaved on the diet all day today, with Peppa Pig in the other room, merely a pair of eyes left following me around the room and part of his mouth. It's like he's asking to be put out of his misery, murmuring to me with his half mouth as I walk past 'Go on, finish me off, look at me, there's not much of me left, you can't leave me like this, what kind of a person would you be if you switched off the light's, went up to bed and just left me here like this...all alone, just a pair of eyes peering into the darkness'...

Alright Peppa, you win, I'm on my way, the diet can start tomorrow when you've gone!

The late Peppa Pig


For some reason this pic will only upload upside down...sorry, you may have to turn your computer upside down ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment